Sunday, 11 March 2007

Soil experiments

Following on from the planting of new food I have decided to test the quality of the fertiliser that the worms are producing. I have set up 3 'pots' (recycled cardboard containers from our organic vegetables box scheme), in each of the pots there is a different mix of soil. Pot 1 has compost in it; Pot 2 has compost mixed with vermicompost (the stuff i get from the worm bin); and Pot 3 has pure vermicompost in it. I have planted Nasturtium seeds in these and will observe the progress of these over the coming months to see if there is any difference in growth between the 3 pots.

No comments: